skip to main | skip to sidebar
LM Photos by Laur - Children
Home *** Portraits *** Children *** Events *** Commercial *** Nature ***
*

Love the Simplicity of Black & White or Sepia





Newer Post Older Post Home

These Moments Pass So Quickly

These Moments Pass So Quickly
It seems the period that our children are infants passes so very quickly. We will forever remember these moments in our hearts but it is amazing to capture and preserve them to share for a lifetime.



The Natural Smile of a Child

The Natural Smile of a Child
The natural and genuine smile of a child can light up a room, your heart, and even brighten your entire day.

Children are innocent (though sometimes develish) free spirited thinkers, ever inquisitive, ever in motion, miniature people. The secret to photographing children I believe is patience. A natural glance, a natural smile, a natural look of wonder - this is what you want to see in a photograph. Sometimes it is difficult for us adults to pose naturally and smile on command, so it is almost impossible to expect it from a child. You have to be patient and wait for it.

Best Way to Earn a Smile

Best Way to Earn a Smile
The best way to earn a smile from a child is to talk to them, play with them, do something with them that they will be happy about. That is what generates a true smile. So I am rather free form when photographing children. Ideally, I'd rather crawl around on the floor while they play and capture who they really are.

From Letting Them Play

From Letting Them Play

Into a Great Shot

Into a Great Shot

Waiting For the Moment

Waiting For the Moment
Once again, the portrait process should be fun so it's a good idea to allow enough time for children to relax and be comfortable in front of the camera. Once they are comfortable, the opportunity for beautiful memories abound.


The Outtakes

The Outtakes

In every photo shoot there are always outtakes. Typically these are not something you would put on the wall, but don't pass by these too quickly.

Often outtakes are amazing to include in a memory album. They are what capture the dynamic of your kid's relationship to each other or your relationship to your kids. This is the stuff memories are made from. This is something to pass down for generations.

Ask yourself how many times do you see your kids in the sweet & loving pose that you picked for your wall? Now ask yourself how many more times do you see them as captured in the outtakes?



It's Not Just The Boys

It's Not Just The Boys

Girls Love to Have Fun Too!

Girls Love to Have Fun Too!

Some of My Favorites

Some of My Favorites


These are some of my favorite girls - my "Great" nieces (in both ways). I love children & I can't wait to one day have grandchildren. When photographing children, I do all I can to capture that special expression or moment because I know how important it would be to me to do the same if it was my grandchild.

Besides - kids are so cute! Even the devilish ones :)

In patience,
Your photographer,
Laur

I Cherish Photos From When My Baby Was Small

I Cherish Photos From When My Baby Was Small
I hope the photos I take for you will be among the ones you cherish throughout your lifetime

A Little About Me

A Little About Me
My name is Laurie Mefferd & I am a freelance photographer with a passion for everything related to photography.

A diverse background has exposed me to many different types of photography including portraiture, architectural, nature and beyond. What I've found is that as long as there is a camera in my hand I'm happy. Each venue inspires me and presents opportunities to capture what my senses feel when I look through my lens.

Family is very precious to me, and my beautiful daughter whom I love with all my heart has been incredibly supportive and is my inspiration in so many ways.

Please click here to email me about your photography needs.

Terms of Use

All who view or utilize this blog, including but not limited to all related links herewith contained assume sole and full responsibility for use of same. It is further understood that Laurie Mefferd will be held harmless and may not be held liable for any or all causes that may occur related to use of same.